• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminTimothy Chambers (Enginseer, crumby) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminTimothy Chambers (Enginseer, crumby) responded  · 

You can now open your web browser with a URL through Crumby, even on error messages.

For those who have flashfox installed, this means that you can just click “try in web browser” when the SWF error occurs.

Please let me know if you would like more integration with Crumby though.

EDIT: Still thinking about a good way to approach this problem!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon V commented  · 

FlashFox supports flash content by serving it via remote server if I'm not mistaken. It is however possible to run Adobe Flash on KitKat thanks to a modded APK file posted by a user over at XDA Forums.

• Pixelmod commented  · 

FlashFox did it, it is possible even on KitKat.

• Brandon V commented  · 

The problem with that is free SWF players do not function without sideloading the Adobe Flash APK. Some critical APIs were removed in 4.4 KitKat so the official Adobe Flash APK no longer works.

• AdminTimothy Chambers (Enginseer, crumby) commented  · 

The server streaming stuff sounds interesting, although, as you both realize, it's a bit out of scope for Crumby.

A more practical solution would be to automatically download the SWF
        and then open it with a free SWF player. I tried this just now actually and it worked without a hitch.

• Brandon V commented  · 

I was aware of the ability to process flash from a remote server. I'm not sure if that is within the developer's reach though. One of those browsers that offer flash support using remote servers is Puffin Browser which I currently use. It was worth the small amount of money that I paid for it.

• UrbanHawk.deviantART.com commented  · 

It is possible. There is a method that is the fastest (hopefully). Simply by processing flash remotely, and just streaming the results to the client. Although, we need a server, or several, just for processing all the requests. And I doubt that tge dev has anything like that. I know there are some browsers on the play store that process flash remotely. I can't remember their names, though. They want your money anyway, so I'm not sure that it's a good deal.

• Brandon V commented  · 

How would this feature be implemented into the app? Flash support is limited in Android 4.1+.

Feedback and Knowledge Base